Cofidis for ” Compagnie FInancière de DIStribution ” is a company of the Cofidis Participations group specialized in credit sold and managed remotely, whose head office is based in Villeneuve-d’Ascq 1 in Haute Borne .
Today, Cofidis offers a full range of loans: permanent loans, personal loans, debt repurchases, credit cards and payment solutions on the Internet.
Cofidis was created in 1982 to finance purchases in the 3 Suisses catalog . In 2008, the company was bought by Crédit Mutuel, which became its majority shareholder 2 , 3 .
Cofidis develops offers in several areas:
- revolving credit (whether or not associated with a payment card);
- personal loans to carry out projects;
- pooling of credits a solution to avoid over-indebtedness;
- the insurance.
Cofidis operates in eight countries in Europe: France, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovakia.
In France, Cofidis employs more than 1,500 people at the Villeneuve-d’Ascq site in the North.
Since 1996 , Cofidis has been sponsoring a cycling team that carries out the Tour de France every year . Cofidis has been on the internet since 1997.
Its motto is:
- Since 2013: ” Change your eyes on credit “.
- Before 2013: ” Credit in a new light “.
Notes and references
- ↑ Kompass [ archive ]
- ↑ Crédit Mutuel offers Cofidis [ archive ] , lefigaro.fr, November 18, 2008
- ↑ Crédit Mutuel takes Cofidis to 3 Suisses [ archive ] , lefigaro.fr, 30 October 2008