Yescapa (formerly JeLoueMonCampingCar) is a rental platform for motorhomes and vans arranged between private individuals, launched in 2012 by Benoît Panel and Adrien Pinson. The company is part of a collaborative consumption approach and allows individuals to rent their vehicle to other individuals when they do not use it.
In October 2016, Yescapa offers 3,116 motorhomes and fitted vans in France and Spain 2 .
Yescapa allows individuals to rent their motorhome or van to other private individuals for a specified period 3 . Yescapa is therefore one of the actors of collaborative tourism 4 , a movement favoring the use rather than the property and thus, favoring the sharing of resources.
Yescapa acts as a trusted third party in the rental of leisure vehicles between individuals and is part of a collaborative economy approach like Airbnb , BlaBlaCar or Drivy . The owners of motorhomes and fitted vans create their ad on the site specifying the model of their vehicle, availability and prices. They also publish indoor and outdoor photos of their vehicle. People wishing to go on holiday in motorhome or van arranged choose the dates of holidays, the vehicle they prefer according to the price, equipment and contact the owner directly, then reserve by paying online 5. Owners and tenants then meet on the day of departure to complete the lease, make an inventory of the vehicle and for the delivery of keys.
In , Yescapa is the winner of the Startup Weekend Lannion 6 for its project of renting motorhomes between individuals.
In : Launch of the Yescapa 7 website and establishment of the partnership with MACIF .
In , Yescapa is part of the selection of “100 startups to invest” of Challenges 8 .
In , Yescapa becomes leader in the rental of motor homes and nearly 460 vehicles available everywhere in France and already boasts 1,200 tenants 9 .
In , Yescapa is the 2013 winner of the MEET INVEST contest and wins the first prize 10 .
In , the company raises € 550,000 11 .
In , Yescapa deploys its service in Spain with Yescapa.es [ archive ] 12 .
In , the company launches its mobile application on iPhone 13 .
In , the company changes its name and JeLoueMonCampingCar becomes Yescapa to support its international development 14 . Yescapa also deploys its service in Germany , the first European motorhome market, with Yescapa.de [ archive ] 15 .
In , Yescapa raises € 3,000,000 from MAIF to increase its European development. 16 .
- ↑ JLM file [ archive ] on the RCS
- ↑ Orianne Esvan, ” Le Bordelais jelouemoncampingcar.com on Spanish time ” [ archive ] , on Lejournaldesentreprises.com , (accessedApril 20, 2015 )
- ↑ ” The boom of motorhome rental ” [ archive ] , on TF1 , (accessedDecember 29, 2012 )
- ↑ ” The collaborative economy on a trip ” [ archive ] , on Routard.com ,(accessed January 15, 2016 )
- ↑ Laura Ténoudji, ” Rent a camper for the summer! » [ Archive ] , on France.fr , (accessed July 13, 2012 )
- ↑ Erwan Gallen, ” Discover the Startup Weekend Brittany in pictures ” [ archive ] , on Le Journal du Net , (accessed November 11, 2011 )
- ↑ Jean-Luc Le Roux, ” RV. The rent on the net, bet of a Breton ” [ archive ] , on Letélégramme.fr , (accessed June 7, 2012 )
- ↑ ” 100 Start-up where to invest ” [ archive ] , on Challenges.fr ,(accessed April 7, 2013 )
- ↑ Stephen Portais, ” 4 startups to discover: Jelouemoncampingcar, LiquidationEnchères, Awards and zeGive ID ” [ archive ] , on Maddyness.com , (accessed June 7, 2013 )
- ↑ ” A click to go camping camper! » [ Archive ] , on bordeaux7.com ,(accessed January 13, 2014 )
- ↑ Adeline Raynal, ” collaborative consumption: Yescapa up 550,000 euros “ [ archive ] , on Frenchweb.fr , (accessed February 2, 2015 )
- ↑ ” Rent a motorhome in Spain: it is now possible on Yescapa! ” [ Archive ] , on Yescapa , (accessed April 22, 2015 )
- ↑ David Fontanier ” Jelouemoncampingcar.com out its application ” [ archive ] , on RTL2.fr , (accessed February 18, 2016 )
- ↑ Celine Lanusse, ” Europe now becomes Jelouemoncampingcar Yescapa “ [ archive ] , on La Tribune , (accessed April 28, 2016 )
- ↑ Franck Niedercorn, ” Yescapa attack the German market motorhome ” [ archive ] , in Les Echos , (accessed May 13, 2016 )
- ↑ Elsa Provenzano, ” A Bordeaux start-up rental of motorhomes between individuals raises 3 million euros ” [ archive ] , 20 minutes , (accessedSeptember 25, 2016 )